Updates! I think someone hacked into my gmail account because when I tried to log on to my account after work, it had me send a confirmation code to my cellphone because of some "suspicious activity." I had to change my password, so I hope I don't forget it. I think the hackers sent out one spam email on my account so if you get something from me with just a link in the message, don't open it.
There is good and bad news concerning Thanksgiving. Bad news, I won't be going to Chuck's (I still love you!). Good news, I'm going to Texas to my boyfriend's brother's house. He gave me an advance on my translation money so I could buy the ticket. I am both excited and nervous. Nervous because I will probably be speaking a lot of Japanese. I really like him so I hope everything goes well. I wonder what kind of food we will have. His brother is Japanese and his sister-in-law is from Nepal. Regardless, I think it will be good.
Before I was worried about leaving for Thanksgiving because that's when my boss said we would be training for the new building. But I got a call on Thursday from one of my supervisors saying that training is starting next week. I was so relieved. I went over to Master Control (I work for BYU Broadcasting, by the way) and signed up for four training shifts. I plan to go in on my own time as well just to make sure I have the new procedures down. On Tuesday I am training for an online English teaching job. It might be hard juggling two jobs and school, but I need the money.
On Friday my boyfriend, Shinsuke, danced the Rumba in Dancesport for his class. I surprised him by showing up (I didn't tell him I was coming) and giving him a flower. I think he was a little embarrassed, but happy. He made it up to the second round. After he competed we stayed and watched for a while, to try and get our money's worth. The ticket was $8 which I thought was over priced. It was an all-day pass, but they should have been selling half-day passes as well or something. Even still, it was worth it to get to see Shinsuke. We then did some window shopping in the bookstore and afterwards he took me to Thai Ruby. It was actually really good! It was $10 for curry, but it's enough to split between two people. I didn't see if they had mango over sticky rice, but I was too full to even consider dessert. If you ever go to a Thai restaurant, get mango over sticky rice. It's heavenly.
His brother that lives in Orem then came and picked us up so he could give Shinsuke the car (they share it). I went with him so he could drop his brother off back in Orem. I did a little clothes shopping with Shinsuke afterward at Old Navy and TJ Max. Guys have it a lot easier clothes-wise. They just need to know their size then they don't need to try half the things on to see if they want to buy it. It was fun helping him pick out clothes.
Clothes shopping took a little longer than we anticipated to I ended up being five minutes late to the dance performance that I was going to with Erika for our girl's night out. Luckily the show hadn't even started. There were a lot of really good performances. We got frozen yogurt on our way home, gave each other massages, drank hot chocolate, and fell asleep watching The Frog Princess. I ended up going to bed at 2:30am and didn't get a lot of sleep before I had to get to wake up for work at 5:00am, but I didn't care. We had a blast.
I'm going to take a nap now though, because I'm a little sleepy. But before that I am going to present my History of Creativity project idea. I don't think I'll have enough time to write a play, so instead I want to write a bunch of Haiku's pertaining to different things we learned in class. They will be in Japanese, but with the English translation provided. I will even write them all in calligraphy ink.
Sounds like you had lots of fun. I'm happy! C:
ReplyDeleteThanksgiving sounds exciting too. Ganbare!
( *`ω´)ゞ
Busy day. :D
ReplyDelete