Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

Wow. I went a whole month without posting. Though this is nothing new because I can go months without writing in my journal.

A few updates. I graduated! Kind of. I walked in the April ceremonies because that was the only time my parents could come out. I had a great time while they were here but I was exhausted the entire time and ate out way too much. My grandparents from Las Vegas came out as well and they came wedding dress shopping with me and my parents. We went to this bridal shop called Mary's Bridal and in only a few hours I found the perfect dress for me. I even got all the accessories. The veil that I picked out was custom made and the bridal shop did all the alterations in only 3 days! My grandma paid for everything which I am very grateful for. I would post pictures, but I don't want Shinsuke to end up seeing them.

Speaking of Shinsuke, he's in Japan visiting his family. He's been gone a little over a week now, but it feels like it's been forever. We've been calling each other thanks to google voice. He can call me for free and it only costs me 2 cents a minute to call his home phone in Japan. It's kind of like skype without the video, but it can connect through your phone so you don't have to talk over a computer. Even though I'm missing him now I get to go visit him at the end of the month for 3 weeks! Until then I will be keeping myself busy playing with friends and wedding planning.

So far I went to Murray to play with my friend Charlie (Thanks for the yummy dinner!), been hanging out with Minji and Hana, and went and got ice cream with Staci. Jessica is now back in Washington so I can't play with her, but maybe I can go up and visit if I can figure out my work schedule. It would be great to get out of Provo!

May 8th is coming up and it's not only Mother's Day but also Shinsuke's birthday! I'm sad I won't be able to celebrate it with him but I sent him a present that may or may not make it by his birthday. Maybe I'll make him a cake and eat it for him. I'll have to skype him so he can see it at least.

1 comment:

  1. Talana is planning on coming up around the 23rd of May, I think. You are SO SO SO SOOOOOO welcome to come toooo!! :D I think we'd go over to Seattle and play there for a few days. Afterwards they are planning on going to Portland, I think, but if you'd rather you are more than welcome to come back to my house and I can drive you wherever to meet them for the ride home :)

    I LOVE AND MISSS YOOUUUUUU OMG!!!

    <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete