This is my last term at BYU! It's only been a week and I'm already exhausted. I'm taking two classes, Biology 100 and Christian History, then on top of that I am working 28 hours a week and planning for a wedding. With less than 2 months before the wedding I am on a 1200 calorie diet and exercising 6 days a week. Part of my exercise includes running at least a mile then walking for a mile. I used to hate running but it's starting to grow on me. I'm even considering finding a marathon (or maybe a half-marathon) to run in.
Shinsuke is living in the Japan House again, but since they only have one men's apartment for Japanese Shinsuke got permission for me to come to dinner Sunday through Thursday. I have to pay $20 a week, but I think I am saving money on food that way. And it's so nice having a home-cooked dinner almost every night!
To make up for not posting while I was in Japan here is another Japan adventure!

Free dates are often the best dates. On Saturday, June 4 Shinsuke took me to pick up a friend that would be staying at his house so that his friend could attend the party that Shin's ward was having for us (and the new missionaries). So it wasn't just the two of us, but it was still fun.

We went to Ajisai Kooen or Hydrangea Park to see the hydrangea's that were in bloom. In Japan, you go to see sakura blooming in the spring and in summer you go and see ajisai. They still weren't in full bloom, but we were able to find some really pretty ones. The only downfall was that it had just rained and mosquitoes were everywhere. I was wearing capris so my legs got eaten up.
 |
| Variant! |
Since we were close by the ocean we decided to also take a stroll on the beach. It was so pretty! It was cloudy, but I think the beach is especially pretty on cloudy days. The beach we went to had a summer house that the emperor goes to occasionally. And because we had been taking pictures, the policeman patrolling the beach stopped and questioned us. All he did was take down our names and addresses and ask what we were doing. It was something that he had to do with anyone taking pictures just in case people took pictures in attempt to exploit the emperor.
 |
| Mosquito bites! |
 |
| The Emperor's summer house is somewhere behind me. |
Then Shinsuke took us to see the hotaru (fireflies) on the river. He had taken me already and it was so pretty that time! I wish I had been able to take pictures. This time, though, there were hardly any. I wish there were fireflies in Utah.
My next blog post will include another Japan adventure!
Way to be dedicated! I'm super impressed by the diet/exercise. And your poor legs!!
ReplyDeleteI love reading about Japan. :D And good luck on the wedding!