We decided to stop by the leasing office to Governor Square on the way back. The neighborhood seemed really nice and quiet when we walked through it on our way to the elementary school. There was hardly any traffic, a lot of trees and grass, tennis courts, and plenty of space to run (or go on a nice walk) if you wanted to. Shinsuke and I are looking to move into somewhere with a little more space for when the baby comes. Plus, it looks like the place we were looking at has been taken.
We took a tour of one of the apartments that was within our price range. At Governors Square the apartments that haven't been renovated in the last 8 years are the cheapest. Our apartment we live in now was built in the 80's so I thought it would at least be something similar in quality. I was wrong. Our apartment is so much nicer. The counters were unusually low and the bathrooms had hardly any light at all. The overall look of it was kind of depressing. For our apartment complex there are coin-operated washers and dryers provided for those apartments without them inside of each building. It is a pain to have to go up a flight of stairs and pay quarters to do laundry, but at least I don't have to go outside to get to the laundry room. At Governors Square the laundry rooms are separate buildings. Having to haul laundry to those buildings would not have been fun.
This experience just reminded me how hard housing hunting is. I hope we can find something within our price range that has the space we need. On another note, my business cards arrived today! I ended up doing them from staples since there is one just across the street from us. On their website you can create your own logo which turned out great. I took Chuck's advice and used the kanji for English. Hopefully with these I can find more students!

Ha ha, you should put "Also married to Japanese man" on those cards ;)
ReplyDeleteGood luck with house hunting!
Awesome card! I hope house hunting works out for you!
ReplyDelete