Sunday, January 13, 2013

Happy New Year!

I am starting to get back into the groove of things now that we are home from the holidays. It was a little hectic but I think Shinsuke, Ryuta, and me all had a good time. Shinsuke's parents flew in from Japan and then we drove to Kansas together. It was a bit of a tight squeeze with all the luggage we had (I had to pack at least twice as much with Ryuta's baby things and not to mention Christmas presents as well) but we somehow fit the luggage and the five of us. Ryuta didn't do too bad with the 10 hour drive, but towards the end he had had enough. On the way back to Indiana he did a lot better though. After visiting with Shinsuke's family in Kansas (his sister's family and his older brother and his wife) and sending his parents off from the Indianapolis airport we spent Christmas and New Year's with my family in Indiana.

I wasn't expecting it but my parents got us a Wii! They also got me a Ninja and some bamboo cutting boards. Shinsuke got me The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson which I am thoroughly enjoying. I just hope by the time I finish that the next one in the series will be out.

Since this is my first post for 2013 I am going to list my goals for this year:

1. Write in my journal at least once a week even if it's just writing down notes from church.
2. Write a blog post AT LEAST once a month.
3. Practice writing Kanji.
4. Start a crafty hobby. Depending on what it is maybe I can make all of my Cristmas presents this year.
5. Get back to my pre-pregnancy weight.
6. Do some form of exercise at least 3 times a week.
7. Read 30+ books (last year I tried to read 50, but that turned out to be too ambitious.
8. Write my first draft of a novel.
9. Magnify my church calling (when I get one).
10. Be more social. Don't wait for invitations from others, but instead take the initiative.
11. Underline in my scriptures when a verse stands out to me.
12. Get to church early (instead of getting there right when it's starting).
13. Save $1500 in our savings account.

I didn't think I would get down 13 goals! Well, it's time to leave for church. Until next time!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fun Christmas! And those are good goals. I bet you can do them! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are good goals! I might copy some of them! You are so great Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete