Friday, February 8, 2013

Almost Spring

Yesterday the weather was nice enough that Ryuta and I went for a walk. There are almost no sidewalks in Columbus so it was a bit challenging. We usually take a walk in the neighborhood next to us, but to get to it you have to cross a parking lot and then a gravel path. Most of the snow had melted and the path was muddy. Then the added fact that where the parking lot ends and the gravel path begins there is a bit of a drop. Getting a stroller up and down this is a little challenging without the added bonus of mud and slushy snow. Despite this the walk was enjoyable. Staying inside all day starts to get old.

A few updates on Ryuta! He is now in the 75 percentile for height and weight (opposed to 90 from his 2 month appointment). He is getting good at rolling over, though going from his stomach to his back is still challenging for him. But he did do it twice today! And he is also sitting up! He needs the Boppy to spot him and I stay close by in case he falls over. But when he falls forward he can get onto his tummy (not his favorite position, but better than being stuck on his face). His new favorite sound is something akin to a zombie breathing. We have it on video if anyone wants to see it. Maybe Shinsuke will post it on Facebook.

How can you not love this face?
Follow up on my goals:

1. Write in my journal at least once a week even if it's just writing down notes from church. This is going well. Some Sundays it's just note taking, but it's better than nothing.
2. Write a blog post AT LEAST once a month. On track!
3. Practice writing Kanji. Slacked off a bit this week, but I was doing a workbook page 5 times a week. I will make sure to get back on track today.

4. Start a crafty hobby. Depending on what it is maybe I can make all of my Cristmas presents this year. I made  a bib for a baby shower gift. Maybe I will continue to work on my sewing. I also want to do something with our pictures like scrap booking and framing.
5. Get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Getting there.
6. Do some form of exercise at least 3 times a week. I got in four workouts this week. When the weather gets warmer I want to go jogging with Ryuta if I can get a hold of a decent jogging stroller. Someone in my ward might sell us one if they don't sell it to someone from craigslist today.
7. Read 30+ books (last year I tried to read 50, but that turned out to be too ambitious. 5 down!
8. Write my first draft of a novel. I do have something I am working on that is coming along. Still in the planning stage though.
9. Magnify my church calling (when I get one). No calling yet.
10. Be more social. Don't wait for invitations from others, but instead take the initiative. Hosting a Chinese New Year dinner on Sunday.
11. Underline in my scriptures when a verse stands out to me. Could be doing better.
12. Get to church early (instead of getting there right when it's starting). We've been getting better at this. Last time we got to sit in the pews instead of in the back.
13. Save $1500 in our savings account. I am going to put at least $200 into our savings from my tutoring each month. Made the first deposit a week or so ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment