Friday, October 15, 2010

Sewing Project

Yeah, it's been awhile. Today my Miyavi Special Edition CDxDVD arrived. He's a Japanese Visual-Kei guitar player. I like him because he plays slap guitar and because his sound is unique. It's nice to hear something new once in awhile. I only got to listen to a few songs before I had to leave to go to work. It's almost pointless going to work on Thursdays because I only work for an hour and there's usually nothing to do on that shift. But it's an extra hour that I get paid.

While I'm on the topic of jobs, Mike Lemon, a guy in my ward told me about a job he has teaching English over the internet. He told me I should apply for it and even let me use him as a reference. I applied, though they don't have you fill out a resume. They have a questionnaire that first determines if they even want to consider you. Well, my highest degree is a high school diploma because I'm still in school and I don't have a teaching certificate but I do have teaching experience. The questionnaire made it look like I was just out of high school with no teaching experience. So a couple days later I got an email saying "Thank you for applying, but we don't need someone of your skill level at this moment." I talked to Mike about it and he talked to his boss, so I might be able to get another chance at getting this job.

Anyway, today after work I went to Cougar Creations to see if I could get a sewing pattern printed out on one piece of paper instead of twenty-six that I would have to tape together. They said they could, but after several attempts they decided that they couldn't do it. So I had to end up printing the pattern on multiple sheets of paper. That will be fun taping together.

I decided to work on one of my sewing projects and I proceeded to get distracted and lose track of time. At one point I decided to look at my phone and I saw I had a text-message from Shinsuke. He told me I should invite Yu to the movie A More Perfect Union because she had to watch it for America Heritage too. It was 7:20 pm and the movie was scheduled to start at 7:30 pm. I was out the door real fast. I managed to get there only about 7 minutes late and I wasn't even walking that fast. It wasn't too bad of a movie, but it's hard to stay entertained when the movie is entirely about a meeting to reform the American government. 

On a different note, the past few weeks I have been getting unusually high scores bowling (I am on a bowling league team with Jessica, Shinsuke, and Yu.) But yesterday (Wednesday) I just couldn't seem to bowl right and my highest score was a 74. It was pretty bad. We were only able to win 1 game out of 3. Hopefully I'll be better next week.

Tomorrow (Friday) Shinsuke is taking me out to eat at a Korean restaurant then I think we are going with his roommate Jake and Jake's date to a corn maze. To put it simply, I'm stoked.

So here is one idea I have for my History of Creativity project. I write a play that has all women actors and it was written as a protest to men not letting them act and as a kind of audition to let them act again (this would apply to ancient Greece). Or, write a play or short story about a woman writing this play. Any input?

No comments:

Post a Comment