I am convinced that shoes are torture devices. No matter what pair of shoes I wear I always end up with a blister somewhere. Maybe I am over exaggerating a little, but it seems like my feet are in constant pain. Why can't shoes be cute and comfortable?
So far my Friday is turning out to be pretty lame. I was able to go to the temple and take a nap when I got home, but besides that I have no plans whatsoever. How did that happen? Oh well, I guess I could do my homework. I do have two midterms next week so I could study for those. And I need to study classical Japanese grammar so that I can actually get good at translating it into modern Japanese. For my Advanced Writing class we have to write papers that apply to our majors and submit them to a conference. I want to write mine on classical Japanese and I'm actually excited about writing it. I just hope I can have it written by November 1, the deadline.
Last weekend was a lot more eventful than this weekend, which is probably why I'm super bored right now. On Friday we showed the movie おくりびと(Departures) for Japan club and afterward Shinsuke, Jake, Joy, Alyssa, Yoshi, and Taka came over to our apartment to play Super Smash. Though, we talked more than we played. Shinsuke and I picked up some things for pasta and made some for everybody. Who knew that bacon would be good in a tomato sauce? That was Shinsuke's idea. Before the movie, Hana was so nice and took Jessica and I to DI. I found a bunch of skirts, which I needed, and a pair of cowboy boots. But like all my other cute shoes they kill my feet.
Then on Saturday Alec, mine and Jessica's friend from bowling league last semester, took Jessica and I up to Manti where he lives. Right now he's not in school because he's preparing for his mission. He's supposed to submit his papers soon. Anyway, I was able to get my shift covered at work. When Alec arrived we had a quick brunch then we were on our way. We stopped at a place, called Red Barn if I remember correctly. They had really good ice cream. I got Maple Nut and an Oreo Fudge mix.
I slept most of the way to Manti. Something about long car rides puts me to sleep. Alec showed us around Manti, which didn't take long because it's a small town, but it's super cute. Then Alec and his brother took us four wheeling! I was not expecting that. But it was fun. Alec's mom packed us a lunch, so we ate by the lake we drove to. I'm going to have to get the chicken salad recipe from his mom because it was super yummy. We also did some bait fishing at the lake and I caught my first fish! That was pretty exciting.Then on the way back Alec and his brother taught us how to drive the four wheelers and we got to drive back.
When we got back to his house we chilled for awhile and watched a few episodes of The Office. Alec's mom made us a delicious dinner of tacos. Alec took us to the local candy shop. I bought a pretzel stick dipped in caramel and chocolate. After that we went to the Manti temple and walked around and took some pictures. We got back to Provo around 9:20 and decided to go see the 9:50 showing of Inception since Jessica still hadn't seen it. Shinsuke and his roommate Jake also came along. And that ended my amazing Saturday.
On Tuesday after watching devotional with Shinsuke he asked me if I wanted to write a 交換日記 or an exchange diary. Of course I told him yes. I even went to the bookstore and bought a bunch of journals. There was a sale so I got a little carried away and bought six. I'll use them for something. He had me write the first entry and I even wrote it entirely in Japanese. I am still waiting for him to write back, so maybe he'll give it to me on Sunday. Wednesday was really fun. I made lunch and and we ate together. Shinsuke joined our bowling league team so we get to bowl every Wednesday. Since we don't have a fourth member he brought Yu from Japan house. She copied some Arashi CD's for me with their newest songs. I am thoroughly enjoying them.
This post is getting a little long, but that's what happens when you don't post for a week. But my Friday didn't turn out to be completely uneventful. Jake took Reina, Jessica, and I to the store. He was even nice enough to drive Jessica and I to first oriental so we could get ingredients for イチゴ大福(Ichigo Daifuku). Jessica and I made some right when we got home. Then we went to a surprise birthday party for Eric that Reina planned. We didn't stay too long because Jessica had to get home to make dinner for her parents. I have to work at 6am tomorrow and it's almost 11:30pm, but if you want to see pictures from Manti you should check Jessica's and my facebook.
No comments:
Post a Comment