Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sneak Attack

School is kicking me in the face right now. I feel like it kind of sneaked up on me because I woke up a few days ago and realized I had a ton of deadlines coming up and that I didn't have enough time to complete several reading assignments before my classes. So now I'm playing catch up. I was feeling super stressed today because last night I spent an hour trying to translate one line of classical Japanese into modern Japanese. As a result I didn't have enough time to work on any other homework. Though, I have to admit I spent two hours baking a cake (cake AND icing made from scratch). I wanted to make a dessert for the dinner the guys from The Castle (the name of one of the houses in my ward) made for us. Also, I wanted to take a piece as part of the bento (lunch) I had made for Shinsuke so he could try it.

Anyway, I was feeling stressed but when I met up with Shinsuke so we could eat lunch together I felt a lot better. In fact, I don't feel stressed right now even though I have enough homework that I shouldn't be writing in this blog right now. I found out that Shinsuke doesn't like coconut and I felt a little bad, but he did eat it all. I need to find out what his favorite dessert is so I can make it for him.

Can I say how great Shinsuke is? While we were studying after lunch one of his classmates asked if he had the charger to his computer with him because she had forgotten her's and her computer had died. Unfortunately he didn't have it with him, but then since they both had they same kind of computer he decided to let her use his battery so that she could get her homework off of her computer. He then had to leave so he could use the computer in his office, but I had to go to class in a few minutes anyway. He inspires me to be more considerate to others.

Tomorrow we are going to eat lunch at the Skyroom together. I'm way excited because I've never eaten there before, but mostly because he asked me. Before I came back from summer vacation I started talking to him on Facebook and from there things just seemed to start falling into place. Things are looking good right now. Nothing's official yet, but a girl can hope can't she?

No ideas for my creativity project yet, but I think after I do my reading I might get a few ideas.

3 comments:

  1. school is an evil, evil ninja.

    I talked to Stoneman Sensei after class about what I'd translated so far, and he says what I got and what I have been doing looks good to him, so together we can kick this Oku no Hosomichi in the face!! >:D

    and reading is lame anyway. :p

    and Yeah, Shin is great. I am hoping for you, too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. GROSS JAPANESE HOMEWORK BLOWS.

    ReplyDelete