Before I was keeping a blog to record my experiences while on my internship in Japan called Language Teaching and Learning. Now that it's over I want to continue keeping a blog. I am going to write about everything and anything, from random thoughts and ideas to happenings in my life and maybe post a few pictures on the way. The title, Writing Pictures, was inspired by my little sister Elsa. She's four and always tells me about pictures she writes.
This semester I am taking an advanced writing class called Waymarks: Writing the Quest and the class History of Creativity. These are the two main classes that inspired me to be more creative by writing. I don't consider myself to be very creative or an especially good writer, but hopefully I can improve on both these points by the end of the semester and continue to improve in years to come.
For my History of Creativity class we have to do a creativity project. The basic criteria is that it has to be valuable, intentional, novel, and excellent. As of now I have no idea what to do except maybe to do something with photography. I have a ton of pictures from Japan and I can always go out and take more pictures. But I have no idea what I would do with them. Hopefully something comes to me soon so I can get started on it.
My first semester I wrote a novel, and the second I composed a song that smushed jazz and contemporary styles into one. I think I got an A- on both. Strong, who was my teacher, is really stingy about As, but not A-s, ha.
ReplyDelete