Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Creatively Uncreative

I've had a few ideas come to mind for my History of Creativity project. One of them has to do with music (no I am not going to compose a song), the other with sewing. Is it smart to post project ideas on a blog? I'm not sure. Maybe I will wait until I finish the project then post it for everyone to see.

My friend Hana came over for a few hours on labor day since we had no school. She's letting us babysit her PS3, Yuki, so she wanted to spend some time with him. We got it to connect to the internet, finally! Now we have more access to the music videos Hana likes to show us. I can't say enough how cool Japan is. Hana is really likes and is knowledgeable about Japanese Visual Kei rock bands. It's such a creative genre, but some people fail to see that because they're so closed minded, not to sound rude, and just think it's weird.

On another note, Monday went well. I showed up at 6am, worked till twelve and my replacement came. I was happy. Then my roommates Jessica and Erika, Shinsuke, Mig, and Jake drove to the dollar theater planning to see the 12:45 showing of How to Train Your Dragon. It was sold out. So we decided to go to the 7:05 showing instead. It gave me a chance to get a little homework done. I've already seen the movie but it was still fun.

Today after school I went to J-kaiwa (Japanese conversation). Japan Club has it every Tuesday to give Japanese students a chance to practice their Japanese. Shinsuke asked if I could help teach and I ended up teaching one of the beginning levels. I was worried at first because I hadn't planned anything but it turned out being fun. We just talked about random things. For next week, though, I want to have something planned.

4 comments:

  1. I was happy to come spend a bit of time with you guys! :3 And Yuki is surely happy to have someone playing with him a bit more often, haha.

    I'm glad you like visual-kei too. It's hard to find people that will tolerate it, so I'm glad I can at least watch it with you guys. Just let me know if I bother you too much with it. |3

    I want to play again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can never bother me too much! Come and play more often!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I miss you and your Japanese-ness.


    And yes, post your ideas on the blog! I want to hear them! I loved History of Creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I realized that the project has to be geared towards the pre-1500 time period, so I need to rethink my ideas. Next idea I get will be posted for sure!

    ReplyDelete