Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ruby Red

Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice is now my favorite beverage. I used to not like grapefruit, but it seems my taste buds had a recent change of heart. I went to get some from the vending machine the other day only to discover that this particular vending machine did not take cards. I would have sought out another vending machine except I was at work.

I had an awesome date on Friday night. First Shin and I were planning to go to Olive Garden except it was super crowded, so instead we went next door to look at something that was not food. I will let you guess on that one. Anyway, so we just ended up picking up something from Wendy's and taking it to the bowling alley where we bowled with Erika and Mig. I forgot my camera so no pictures. But I managed to break 100 without a handicap!

We went and got custard ice cream at Coney's. I love frozen yogurt and all, but it seems like that is the only thing Provo has when it comes to dessert, with a few exceptions. Shinsuke managed to spill water all over my lap. It takes me twice as long to finish eating and I had only drank half of my water. So he was being nice and cleaning up and decided to stack the water cups to throw them away only to end up displacing the water in my cup with his. We had a good laugh.

The date ended with just the two of us going back to his apartment and watching several episodes of Nodame. That drama makes me want to play piano. I need to see if I can't bring my piano skills back to life. Last winter I attempted to do so without much luck. The entire semester I struggled through my piano class that was designed for more experienced players. I am in a band called Thunder Jack and the Lightning Kids. It's still in the process of being organized and we're only going to do cover songs, but I will be playing the keyboard.

Today Shinsuke took me to Jdawgs so I could meet two of his friends from Michigan, Nin (I think it's actually Nan, but Shin calls her Nin) and Emily. They were nice and hopefully I made a good impression even though I was getting Jdawg's special sauce all over. Is there anyone who can eat a Jdawg without getting it all over themselves? 

I'm trying to think of something special to do for Shin for Valentine's Day. So far I am going to take him to see Social Network at the dollar theater, make him chocolate, and maybe get flowers delivered for him. I also bought a book called The Four Loves by CS Lewis that I'm thinking about giving him, except it's super hard to read. Maybe my language isn't sophisticated enough. But I bought it because we talked about the four loves in my marriage prep class and he used a quote I liked from it. Anyway, I want to come up with something super special. I need to find out what his schedule is like on Monday to see if I can surprise him throughout the day with little things.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, cute. I'm getting Jordan assorted hot sauces lol. XD

    Can't wait to see you tomorrow and catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with your dating. I love being married, but reading your post reminded me of my years and years and years of being single. I liked it. I also love grapefruit and its juice. My love language is probably grapefruit.

    ReplyDelete