Thursday, March 3, 2011

"Wait, did you say $20?"

I love those days when luck seems to be on your side. My boyfriend needs to have a video of him teaching a class for his teaching portfolio and the person he was going to have do it ended up not being able to. So I decided to check a video camera out from the library. The cameras were already booked for the weekend, but when I told the guy at the desk I just needed it for tonight he told me I could check it out if I returned it by tomorrow. He even let me check it out with fines on my card.

With the camera in hand I went down to the circulation desk to pay off my fines only to discover I owed $20! The librarian told me that for the Harold B. Lee Library charges $1.80 for each day a book is late. I had had no idea. Then she said since this was a first time offense she would just clear the fines for me. I was so relieved! I cannot afford to be paying $20 fines for overdue books. Later on I realized that we still needed a tripod for the camera. I went back to see if the library checked those out too and was able to check out the last one. I don't know if it was luck or that everyone I talked to today was just in a good mood. Either way it was so nice having things go smoothly.

I am excited for tonight. Back when Shinsuke was my TA I always enjoyed his lessons. He is going to teach some of us a 101 lesson. So far I think Jessica, Staci, Angie, and Jamie (as well as a few others) will be there. We all went through the lower level Japanese classes together with Shinsuke as the TA.

Last Friday Shinsuke and I went to the Japan Club movie My Darling is a Foreigner. Afterwards we were planning on going to the Cinderfella dance that my ward was putting on but when we got there we were the only ones there. So instead we went to a curry party that Yu was putting on. After we ate curry we decided to buy tickets to go see Harry Potter 7.1 in the dollar theater. We stopped by the dance for about 20 minutes before going to see the movie.

At work last Saturday I had an interesting experience. My coworker told me at the beginning of the shift that he had a headache. At first I didn't think anything of it until he told me that he felt like he was going to be sick. I told him that he could go home and that I could take care of everything but he insisted that he could stay in work. It wasn't too long after he said that when he threw up in the trash can. I told him he could go home but he insisted that he was fine. He threw up a second time before he finally decided it was a good idea to go home. The worst part was having to sit there and listen to him throw up. Luckily I didn't smell anything or else I would have thrown up too. I tried to call the HFAC custodial, but they weren't answering their phone. So I called the Wilkinson Center custodial and they did pick up. I explained my situation and they told me they couldn't do anything because they only dealt with the Wilkinson Center. It's only a two minute walk! They told me to call dispatch. I was not going to call the campus police just because my coworker got sick. My friend Whitney works as morning custodial for the HFAC so I texted her. She was then able to get a hold of the person who was working there. It was a lot easier to work once there wasn't a vomit filled trash can in the same room.

3 comments:

  1. Oh sad. It wasn't Andrew who was puking, was it?

    How was the movie?

    Shin's lessons were always very entertaining, lol. And so nice that the HBLL waived the fines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I BET YOU LIKED THE LESSON EVEN MORE NAO AHAHAHAHA >:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It wasn't Andrew. And the movie was actually pretty good. Now time for the next post!

    ReplyDelete