Lately Shinsuke and I have been going on a lot of dates. Most of our FHE activities have been outings to the dollar theater. He took me to the mall so I could get some more hand lotion (because my little sister Elsa used it all up). I got a grapefruit (Shinsuke's favorite) and cocoa scented body butter from The Body Shop. Then we just window shopped for awhile. There were a bunch of cute clothes I wanted to try on but couldn't because of the extra person we had with us :). To finish out the night he took me to Half-price Books where I picked out a recipe book for smoothies (Smoothies, Smoothies, & more Smoothies). I can't wait to try a few!
August 17th was our first wedding anniversary! The celebration kind of extended into two days. Friday morning Shinsuke made me a pancake breakfast and then we exchanged gifts. I made some personalized address labels with the sunflower logo from our wedding invitations on them. He got me a bouquet of sunflowers, cinnamon (I've been craving that a lot lately), and chocolate spread. After breakfast we went to a matinee for Brave. I thought it was really good. In the evening we went to a Korean restaurant (Kaya) that we had a groupon for ($15 for $30 of food). The service wasn't the best and it was a little overpriced in my opinion, but the barbecued eel was very delicious.
The next day we went to a 7am session at the temple with our ward. On our way back home we stopped by a garage sale. For $20 we got 2 tempurpedic pillows, under-the-bed storage boxes, a handful of fake flowers, 2 vases, a very good quality twin air mattress (the kind you plug into the wall), and two cute flower pots. One of the best garage sales I've been to in awhile. Then around noon we went to the conservatory in downtown Columbus. My favorite part was the butterfly exhibit. They have an indoor garden you go into where they let the butterflies fly around. There was also a Koi pond! I was able to get a lot of cool pictures. Before we left the conservatory we picked some plants from the gift shop for our apartment. We decided on some potted basil, sage, and mint. They were all a dollar each since they are at the end of their season. After dinner we had a game night with the Henricksen's. It was an exhausting, but fun filled day.
So fun! :) I LOVE garage sales and I am glad you guys found a good one!!
ReplyDelete