I haven't tried this recipe yet, but I will be making this for the Japan House on Thursday. I wanted to practice translating and what better way to do it than to practice translating Japanese recipes and then sharing them on my blog! After I have actually made this recipe I will post comments/advice on making this, though it seems pretty simple. Shinsuke is gone this week so I am in charge of Japan House. There will be a substitute native Japanese speaker, Nozomi Ogawa, but I have to make sure things run smoothly and that the Nozomi feels welcomed. And since he will be the RF for Japan House in the fall I am also responsible for showing him how things are done. If anyone decides to try out this recipe let me know how it turns out!

Translated from: http://cookpad.com/recipe/1493239 (The recipe is doubled from the original)
Perky Taco Rice - Easy to make and full of vegetables too! Even on days you don't have much of an appetite
this is alright!
Ingredients (4 servings)
.5 lbs Ground Beef
1 Onion
1 Clove of Garlic
*4 TBS Ketchup
*2 TBS Tonkatsu Sauce^
*2 TBS Worcestershire Sauce
*2 TBS Soy Sauce
6 Leaves of Lettuce
1 Tomato
4 Slices of Cheese+
4 Eggs
Cooked Short-Grain Rice
1. Measure out the condiments for the seasoning (they are marked with *) and set the mixture aside.

2. Finely chop the onion and then the garlic.
3. Heat up vegetable oil in a pan and saute the garlic. When you can smell the aroma of the garlic put in the ground beef. When the meat has browned put in the chopped onion and saute.
4. Add water~ and the mixed condiments to the pan. Boil down the mixture while stirring. (This should take about 5 minutes.)
5. The moisture will evaporate. Stir while you saute so that the moisture will evaporate. (About 2 minutes) ^^
6. Now it's ready! Put the meat onto a plate to let it cool.
7. Cut the lettuce into thin strips and the tomato into 2cm cubes. Fry the eggs sunny-side-up and set them aside. Put rice on a plate while it's still hot and then put the cheese on top to melt.
8. In this order put the ground meat, lettuce, tomato, and fried egg on top of the rice and cheese. Enjoy!^Tonkatsu sauce can be bought at an Asian market. On the bottle it will say either pork cutlet sauce or fruit and vegetable sauce in English.
+It says melted cheese in Japanese and doesn't specify a certain kind. I am using shredded cheese. If you want the cheese to be melted make sure the rice is hot when you put it on.
~How much water isn't specified but as soon as I try out the recipe on Thursday I will make notes about this.
^^This needs a better translation.

No comments:
Post a Comment